Blog


Who owns the fish?

Several months ago, possibly even a year, my older sister @ me on a post with a riddle. It was one of Einstein’s favorites, maybe you’ve heard it… I read this at several sites differently, which is troublesome for people, surely. Most sites just read that “Only 2% of the world ‘COULD’ solve it.” which may throw some people off the trail. The version I read was, “Only 2% of the world would solve it, and the other 98% would give up.” Big difference, as I don’t imagine I’m part of the smartest 2% of people in the world, but I definitely didn’t want to be part of any percentage that just gave up.

* Here’s the tricky part, and the hint I will give, without of course giving away any additional info… One has to assume the green house is DIRECTLY on the left of the white. You’ll see what I mean if you try it, because ultimately, when I assumed that, the rest of the puzzle fell into place. Here goes…

There are five houses in a row in different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a different drink, smoke a different brand of cigar and keep a different pet, one of which is a Walleye Pike.

Who owns the fish?

The 15 clues:

The Brit lives in the red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house. *
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Malls keeps birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.
The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhills.
The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
The German smokes Princes.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.

Give me a shout when you get it. Or if you don’t. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. I have no guarantees when or what I’ll post next so stay tuned.

Comments ( 0 )

    Leave A Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *